Kyoko from Cotton and Cloud has tagged me - so now I am It.
Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So - 7 facts about me.
1. LOVE ME/HATE ME: The two things I like best about me are my sense of fairness and my ability to forgive "wrongs" done to me. I am not so fast to forgive wrongs done to people I care about. And while forgiving comes easy, forgetting does not! The two things I like least about myself are my shyness and the way I procrastinate. Both of these traits make me miss out on things. People tell me and I am out-going and efficient. HA!
2. NOMADIC ME: I have traveled since I was 15 and caught the bug when I was sent from Canada to Mexico to represent my Sea Rangers troop at one of the World Scouting centres - My Cabana in Cuernavaca. My favorite place to live is still Canada - although I have spent a lot of time not living there. My favorite place(s) to visit - Israel, Kenya and the US. I have yet to visit any country I did not like. I also have yet to visit New Zealand - even though I have wanted to go there since I was in University. How has this happened or rather, not happened?. I also want desperately to go to Japan and Botswana.
3. MELTING ME: My favorite man that I don't know is Denzel Washington. Now there is a definition of beauty.
4. 'FRAIDY CAT ME: I am afraid of snakes. I went to an activities day organized by my work a couple of weeks ago and held a baby boa constrictor in my arms. The "baby" weighed 12 kilograms and exuded raw strength - I now understand how easily an adult one could kill a large animal. He was dry, and warm because he had been lying on a hot water bottle. I am still afraid of snakes, but I am feeling quite smug about having held this magnificent animal whilst keeping my heart rate down to about 240 beats a minute. I was going to put a photo of one in here - but just looking through images of these lovely (!!!!!) creatures made me go all weird and shivery!
5. CLEVER OLD ME: The best thing I have done in my life is to produce 2 lovely daughters. I love them more than life itself - cheesy? Maybe. But true. They are 31 and 29 respectively and I speak to them every day. still travel with them, and have not yet spent a Christmas morning without waking up with them in my house - how fantastic is that? I love their strong values, their loyalty and kindness and the way they are each other's BFFs. My biggest failure in life? The end of a 22-year marriage. However, we're still friends and I guess that is the best that can be said because it has made things easier for the children we had together and for everyone else around us.
6. SUNSHINE AND SHADOWS ME: I couldn't laugh when I smoked - it always made me cough. I freed myself from smoking years ago, and laughing came easy then - I still think how great it is to be able to flawlessly produce anything from a good giggle up to an enormous belly laugh. I can't cry when I am sad. I can cry buckets when I am frustrated and angry and feel slighted, and when I have seen a sad film. So far the record goes to Philadelphia - I cried until my collarbones were soggy!
7. CURIOUS ME: I wanna know why I didn't start blogging ages ago, why George Bush didn't get impeached, how it is possible that massively heavy metal tubes can fly through the air even if they do have wings, why I can't draw, if i will ever have grandchildren, and also what love is and if it likes peanut butter .....
I am going to have difficulty with the second part: seven others that I feel I could tag - so many of them have already been recently tagged, and a couple of others i know do not want to be - so i can only come up with 6 at the moment: Hannah at Span's Stitchin', Julia at Primrose Corner, Laura from Sew at Sea , Juliana at Honey & Daisy: Sewing and other lovely things, Cherrie at Willywagtail - I love that Blog Name! and Oge from Simply Crafty - you're tagged!
Can I just thank some others instead? Tracy- thanks for being so inspirational; Kyoko, (see her link above) thanks for being so talented and interesting and for sharing the video of the Kind Heart; Raina - thanks for reminding me about Canadian thanksgiving - it was just in time! Mary (K & S City Girl) - thanks for having a read and leaving a comment - I love it!